knitlosophy

knitlosophy

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Today...

Never in a million years did think I would be who/where I am today. Today, I am a single mother of three of the finest children. I fight to keep my head above water and still on my shoulders (even though it may sit a little crooked). I never thought I could surpass all of the hurdles life has thrown in my path... but I have.

For all the things that have happened, I wouldn't change a thing. It would make me a different person and even the slightest deviance from the path I have taken would alter my life drastically. Had I left sooner, I might not have the glorious beings that are my children (not all of them anyways). I wouldn't know that you really do see stars if you get hit hard enough. I used to think it was a cartoon thing.

Today, I know that I am strong in the presence of adversity. I can prevail. I will not let the negativity that surrounds me change the positive outlook I fight to maintain. I am determined to give my children the world, to go to every practice, meet and tournament. I will learn from them whatever they try to show me. I will support them in whatever they do in life. They will know they are always on my mind and in my heart. I will be both mother and father even if I get red in the face over certain "things".

No comments: