knitlosophy

knitlosophy

Monday, October 20, 2008

Will I be sleeping alone tonight....

Will I be sleeping alone tonight? That's the question of the day. All weekend long, I have shared my bed with more than one person, my children. Thankfully, my eldest child, Chris, is his own furnace and has been since the day he was born. Friday morning, I realized my furnace was not working quite right. I had it set at 68 and it was reading a temp of 57. A lil bit nippy in my house that morning. So, I called the landlord when I got to work. He said he'd have someone come out and take a look. Well, about 3:30 that afternoon, he calls me back to tell me that they have to order a part and it won't be in until Monday. I'm thinking "This really sucks big one!". So, I get off work, go pick up the kids and tell them it's gonna be a long COLD weekend. I know its supposed to drop into the thirties this weekend but no big deal, I'll just bake some bread. Friday night, I think I had Maddie in bed with me. Saturday, I go to make bread and I can't even get the house warm enough to get the dough to rise. (Are you kidding me?). We go to the bowling alley for a birthday party and by that time it's starting to warm up outside. Saturday, I had Jacob AND Maddie in bed with me. Now, I only have a full size bed. Things were a little cramped. Sunday, wasn't much warmer during the day but it felt better outside of my house than it did in. We go to bed that night and I only have Jacob in there with me. Sometime during the night, Maddie came down and asked some question, (I have no idea what it was. I was very incoheret at that point.) I told her to ask me later and just crawl in bed with me. All I can say is, at least I got a couple hours of solid sleep before my covers got stolen, I got elbowed and kneed COUNTLESS times and can't even remember how many times my arm fell asleep. I can only hope that by the time I get home this evening, my furnace will be fixed and I can sleep ALONE tonight.

No comments: