knitlosophy

knitlosophy

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Elementary Democracy

As with all children, they surprise you every day. My children are no different in that respect. However, the things my chldren are learning at school amazes me. I remember my first mock election in school and that was in seventh grade. My children are having mock elections in 3rd, 4th and 5th grades. They like to discuss who they think will be the best president and why they think that. Of course some of their reasoning is a little off base. My daughter thinks if one candidate is elected, he will ban video games. One of my sons thinks if a certain candidate is elected, he will invite terrorists and give healthcare to... well, we'll just say people from other countries. The amazing thing is how united they are in who they want to be president and if he doesn't win, they want to move to China. Why China? Of all the other places they could choose, I have no idea why they want to move there.
We had Parent-Teacher conferences last night. Walking down the halls, I was astounded with the decorations everywhere. All red, white and blue... Vote!!

1 comment:

Carrie Harris said...

How cool that your kids are interested. I tried to get my 5-year-old to understand what's going on, but Duck For President didn't go over very well. Too bad, really.